WITH AN EVER-EVOLVING INTERNET AND DIGITAL LANDSCAPE, THE RISK OF BEING THE VICTIM OF A CYBERCRIME HAS NEVER BEEN GREATER
Victims of cybercrimes are not limited to single individuals. In fact, 43% of businesses were a victim of some type of security breach in the past 12 months, according to Cyber Security Breaches Survey.
Furthermore, it is estimated that cybercrime will cost an estimated $6 trillion dollars a year by 2021, which is nearly double the estimate taken in 2015.
Cybercrimes are a serious criminal offense and must be taken seriously.
Criminal Defense Attorney & Workers Compensation Law Offices of Arechigo & Stokka are offering an essay contest for qualifying undergraduate students that asks: what are the best ways to prevent yourself from becoming a victim of a cybercrime?
SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST DETAILS
In 250-300 words, tell us what you believe are the best ways to protect yourself from cybercrime. We will be looking for the most, novel, compelling and well-written essay. We will award one winner $1,500 to put toward their cost of education.
Essay Prompt: How to Protect Yourself from Cyber Crimes
Award: One student will be selected and awarded $1,500
- Applicants must be EITHER out-going high school seniors (graduating summer 2022) OR students currently enrolled in a college, trade school, or university as of the start of the fall 2022 semester.
Important Information Regarding the Scholarship Contest
- Must submit your essay by August 1, 2022
When will I find out if I am the winner?
- Winner will be selected and notified by email by August 15th, 2022
- With permission, the winner’s essay will be posted on our social media platforms
The following information must accompany your essay at the time of submission:
- Your name
- A valid email address
- Phone number
- A copy of your transcript or proof of enrollment
- Upload your 250-300 word essay as a Word doc