Being the parent of a child that has been arrested for a criminal offense is very difficult because you worry about your child’s future.

Nonetheless, juvenile cases are typically handled differently from adult cases.

The laws are different.

There are some cases in which a teenager may be tried as an adult, but a certain set of circumstances must exist for that to occur.

One of the goals of your St. Paul criminal defense attorney is to keep the case in juvenile court.

Another goal is to obtain the best result for your child so that he or she can have the best possible future.

If your child has been accused of a crime, it is imperative that you seek the representation of an experienced Minnesota criminal defense attorney.

The attorney will protect your child’s rights, provide sound advice that will educate so the right decisions will be made, and you will receive the support and advocacy that you and your child need.

Get Help With Your Case

Contact us today for a 100% free and confidential consultation.


Juveniles can commit the same offenses as adults.

However, there are some offenses that are more common among juveniles than others. Those include:

  • Assault
  • Burglary
  • Underage DWI
  • Theft and shoplifting
  • Drug possession
  • Probation violations
  • Terroristic threats
  • Arson
  • Vandalism

It is possible for juveniles to be charged with even more serious offenses, such as sex crimes or murder or homicide. It is very possible for these offenses to be tried in adult court, which means adult penalties for the juvenile.

The court will determine if the child is of an age in which they would know better than to commit the crime. If the court determines that they can handle the adult consequences for allegedly committing an adult crime, then the case is not tried in juvenile court.


Whether the juvenile court or adult court handles the case, you will have a powerful advocate in your corner every step of the way with a Minnesota criminal defense lawyer from Arechigo & Stokka.

Everything possible is done to protect the rights and the future of your child so that they can move into adulthood without the crime following them.

When a case is tried in juvenile court, the focus is rehabilitation so that the child can live a productive life as an adult.

Although the criminal record may not follow your child into adulthood, it is still important to have a Minnesota criminal defense attorney representing your child so that the consequences can be reduced as much as possible.

This lessens the impact on your family as a whole.


While a juvenile record may not follow a minor in their adult years, it is important to fight the charges and ensure the best outcome.

It is also important to try and keep the case in juvenile court.

If you are the parent of a child that has been accused of a crime, you can secure the best possible criminal defense for them.

To learn more about your child’s rights and options, call Criminal Defense Attorney & Workers Compensation Law Offices of Arechigo & Stokka at 651-222-6603 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.